Saturday, November 2, 2013

Jesus is Worth It, Jesus is Enough

I want to report to my family and friends about chapel on October 30th. God did an amazing work, and ALL the glory goes to Him and Him alone. I was merely an obedient servant today, an empty vessel for Him. My message was about abandoning our lives to God and surrendering all we have and are to Him, and that Christ is worth it and Christ is enough. He is worth it and He is enough because He is Creator, He is the Good Shepherd, He is the Lamb of God Who Takes Away the Sins of the World, He is the Resurrection and the Life, and He is Holy. The American Dream is NOT Christ's Dream for the Church! Jesus is Alive and we, too, shall rise again! We can live lives of self-denial - abandoned and surrendered to Our Great and Holy God who called us from nothingness into existence, who provides for us, protects us, and stays with us, who died for us and rose again. He is Holy and is worthy of all of our love and devotion. BE ALL HIS!
 
The Holy Spirit took over part way through the talk - I memorized the talk, but at a certain point the words just flowed out of me and it was all Him. At points I was standing outside of myself watching myself preach. It was all Him. I offered an altar call, and invited people to repent, to abandon, and to surrender to God. My dear sister in Christ, Karli Saner, came up and sang "Though You Slay Me," and "Christ is Enough for Me." About 150 students, faculty, and staff came to the altar and filled the aisles.  Our new president and his wife, Gregg and Tammy Chenoweth, were the first people to come to the altars. People were weeping and crying out to God. God poured out His Spirit on us. We spent the next 1.5 hours in prayer, worship, and listening to testimonies. This was a day for the Holy Spirit. I feel so humbled and blessed that He would use me to preach the gospel and to touch so many lives. May God receive all the praise and glory and may He continue to pour out His Spirit on Bethel and continue to break us and draw us to Himself. He is All, and He is worthy of all our praise and devotion. May we desire HIM and want Him and His holiness more than anything else. Come, Holy Spirit!
 
Here is the link to the chapel archives if you would like to hear or see the message:

No comments:

Post a Comment